This is an awesome alternative to the classic flour based pizza crust. It's dairy, grain and gluten free, but best of all it holds together when lifted up full of delicious toppings! This is also tasty the next day cold and brilliant for lunch boxes.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and if using place a pizza stone in the oven.
2. Place mashed kumera, flours, seasonings in a bowl and mix.
3. Add a tablespoon of water at a time, until the texture resembles a dough like consistency. You may need more water (depends on how absorbent your brand of coconut flour is).
4. Place the dough on a piece of baking paper and shape into a flat pizza shape, about 2cm thick.
5. Place the pizza base onto the hot pizza stone or onto a pizza tray or baking tray. Cook for 30 mins.
6. Once cooked and slightly browned, top with tomato paste and all you favourite toppings!
Try it out and save a compartment for it in your bento lunch box this week.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
This is a delicious recipe to whip up and pop in the lunch box this week.
The same delicious flavour and texture as the original, minus the sugar, butter and flour!
Packed full of fibre and vitamins, it'll be gobbled up in no time.
Anyone wanna chocolate bar? A wholefood vegan one I mean ;)
Most definitely still a 'sometimes' food, but these Twix Bars are worth the time investment I promise!