Wanting a plant-based lunch box filler or dinner option that packs a nutrient punch?
Look no further than these hidden veggie falafels.
One bowl (or food processor actually), quick baking time and plenty of flavour, these mid-week meal or lunchbox gems are sure to be a hit, especially dipped in the cashew aioli.
Time: 30 mins
Makes: 8-10 medium sized falafel
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a food processor, combine chickpea, grated zucchini and carrot, diced mushrooms and cauliflower (if using). Whiz to combine. You will have to use a spatula to push the mixture down to the blades multiple times.
3. Once combined, add ground flaxseed and spices and mix again.
4. Lastly, add enough water to bring the mixture to a consistency you can roll into balls or press into patties. This should be approximately 2-3 Tbsp.
5. Roll the mixture into balls, or alternatively you can form mini patties. Place on the baking paper and into the oven for 25-30 mins, turning the balls once so that they become golden brown on both sides.
6. While the falafel are cooking, make your aioli. In a high-speed blender, place, soaked cashews, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt and water, then blend on high until cashews are silky smooth. Transfer to a glass jar and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
7. Serve falafel with a side salad and a generous drizzle of aioli.
Comments will be approved before showing up.