This delicious loaf is sugar free, grain free and packed with extra veg and healthy fats. This may look like a treat but can be enjoyed any time of the day; warm out of the oven, toasted the next day, or eaten cold from the fridge (gets more of a brownie consistency the next day). Perfect after school or 3pm pick me up and delicious guilt-free dessert option. Drizzle with your favourite nut butter or slather with butter.
This loaf last for up to a week in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer.
Makes 1 small loaf
prep time: 10 mins
cook time: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup almond flour/meal
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 Tabs coconut flour
- 1 Tab chia seeds
- 2 heaped Tabs raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or essence
- 2 Tabs rice malt syrup or 1 Tab stevia
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 zucchini, grated with the water squeezed out
- 1 Tab melted coconut oil
1. Line a small loaf tin with baking paper. Turn oven on to 180 degrees.
2. Mix the flours, coconut, chia, cacao powder, cinnamon and vanilla together in a bowl.
3. In another bowl, whisk the eggs together and add the melted coconut oil and rice malt syrup.
4. Grate a medium sized zucchini and squeeze out excess water using a nut mylk bag or cheese cloth (or just an tea towel!).
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry then fold through the zucchini.
6. Quickly pour mixture into preprepared loaf tin and smooth off surface (if left too long the coconut flour absorbs the liquid and it becomes harder to smooth the top). You can then sprinkle a few walnuts or extra coconut on top for decoration.
7. Bake for 30 mins or until middle is cooked through when tested with a skewer.
8. Let it rest for 10 mins before slicing (or it may crumble).
Enjoy warm with almond butter, chia jam, coconut yoghurt or just plain!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.