Ever miss fluffy and light muffins since trying to eliminate grain or gluten? These brilliant Blueberry and Flaxmeal muffins solve this problem beautifully. With zero added sugar, slightly sweetened with chopped dates and the sweet burst of the blueberries, these muffins are a no-fuss, quick fix for all occasions.
The batter is made in a food processor, so no multiple bowls and mess to clean up afterwards and best of all, the batter can be made in advance and stored in the fridge over night for even faster breakfast muffins!
With healthy fibre from the flaxseeds and protein from the eggs, these muffins keep you going all morning. They can also be made nut free (for allergies or nut-free schools) by substituting walnuts with sunflower seeds.
Makes: 6 medium sized muffins
Time to make: 5 mins
Time to bake: 20-25 mins
1. Grease or line a muffin tin with cases. Turn oven on to 180 degrees.
2. In a food processor, place flaxmeal, walnuts, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and dates in food processor and pulse until the dates are finely chopped.
3. Add eggs and oil and pulse again.
4. Remove processor blade and add blueberries (to save on dishes!). Mix gently to combine. Do not over mix or your muffins will turn blue!
5. Divide mixture into the 6 muffin cases and cook for 20 minutes. Check centre with a kebab stick and if needs more time, cook for another 3 minutes.
6. Take muffins out of the tin and cool on a rack.
These are best eaten warm with lashings of butter in my opinion, but they also travel well to school or the office and can last up to 3 days in the fridge (if they last that long!).
Comments will be approved before showing up.
This is a delicious recipe to whip up and pop in the lunch box this week.
The same delicious flavour and texture as the original, minus the sugar, butter and flour!
Packed full of fibre and vitamins, it'll be gobbled up in no time.
Anyone wanna chocolate bar? A wholefood vegan one I mean ;)
Most definitely still a 'sometimes' food, but these Twix Bars are worth the time investment I promise!