This healthified take on the classic Happy Meal treat are a great addition to any lunchbox, or eat for dinner with a side of coleslaw and kumera wedges. Your kids (and health conscious parents) will love them!
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Stir together 1/4 cup coconut flour, LSA and 1/2 tsp salt. Set aside.
3. Place chicken, egg, remaining 1/4 cup coconut flour, 1/2 tsp salt, onion powder, garlic, pepper and mix to combine.
4. Shape into nuggets and coat with prepared coconut flour mixture, place on baking tray.
5. Cook for 15mins, then brush both sides of each nugget with coconut oil. Return to oven for a further 10mins or until golden.
Enjoy with homemade tomato sauce.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
This is a delicious recipe to whip up and pop in the lunch box this week.
The same delicious flavour and texture as the original, minus the sugar, butter and flour!
Packed full of fibre and vitamins, it'll be gobbled up in no time.
Anyone wanna chocolate bar? A wholefood vegan one I mean ;)
Most definitely still a 'sometimes' food, but these Twix Bars are worth the time investment I promise!