We all know kids (and adults, lets be honest) love cereal for breakfast. However, the vast majority of breakfast offerings in supermarkets are laden with refined sugars and flours, both of which wreak havoc on our bodies.
Here is a healthified alternative the kids will adore (but keep the jar up high or out of sight, otherwise it won't last long!)
1. Place coconut, sunflower seeds, chia, cinnamon and salt in a food processor and pulse until you have a flour like consistency.
2. Place the flour in a small mixing bowl and add the rice malt syrup and egg. Mix well.
3. Scoop the mixture onto a piece of baking paper and cover with another piece of baking paper. Roll this out with a rolling pin until you have a rectangle, roughly 8" x 10" and ¼" thick.
4. Remove the top sheet and pre-cut the dough into small 2x2cm squares.
5. Place the baking paper on a oven tray and cook at 160 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes until light brown.
Enjoy with your choice of yoghurt and fresh berries!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
It's ANZAC Day this week, and as the Anzac Biscuit recipes come thick and fast on your feeds and inboxes, I thought I'd mix it up a bit and take the authentic biscuit flavor and make it into a ball!
In my opinion, everything tastes good in a handy little bite! Plus, I'm lazy and these don't require cooking ;)
The school holidays are a perfect opportunity to get in the kitchen and stock up the fridge and pantry with lunch box fillers ready for when school goes back.
These little bites or bliss balls are quick to make, just require a food processor and small bowl and are dairy free and low in sugar.
A feast for the eyes and for the lips, these delicious pots of goodness are not only awesome for you, packed with healthy fats, but also great for your gut!
Made using gelatin powder to give it a beautiful jelly-like texture, gelatin has been reported to improve gut health and digestion, protect joints, improve sleep quality, lift mood and improves cognitive abilities, improve skin health, heart health, maintain strong bones, AND help keep you feeling fuller longer!