We all know kids (and adults, lets be honest) love cereal for breakfast. However, the vast majority of breakfast offerings in supermarkets are laden with refined sugars and flours, both of which wreak havoc on our bodies.
Here is a healthified alternative the kids will adore (but keep the jar up high or out of sight, otherwise it won't last long!)
1. Place coconut, sunflower seeds, chia, cinnamon and salt in a food processor and pulse until you have a flour like consistency.
2. Place the flour in a small mixing bowl and add the rice malt syrup and egg. Mix well.
3. Scoop the mixture onto a piece of baking paper and cover with another piece of baking paper. Roll this out with a rolling pin until you have a rectangle, roughly 8" x 10" and ¼" thick.
4. Remove the top sheet and pre-cut the dough into small 2x2cm squares.
5. Place the baking paper on a oven tray and cook at 160 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes until light brown.
Enjoy with your choice of yoghurt and fresh berries!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Here’s one for the grown-ups! For all those who need a little pick-me-up during the day, this one is for you!
I adore anything that incorporates my two favorite things; chocolate and coffee. This bar take it even further and adds in some peanuts for a nutty flavor too!
I don't know about you, but lolly cake was always the slice I gravitated towards as a kid and teen, but when I became more health conscious and realised that malt biscuits, condensed milk and Eskimo lollies were less than nourishing, I tried to make better choices. But the other day I decided nobody should have to miss out and decided to healthify it.
Like the majority of my recipes, they are many easy substitutions such as a different nut butter, nut or dried fruit. It's adaptable to your own tastes and I've tried it with chopped dates, dried blueberries and walnuts and it was fabulous!