We all know kids (and adults, lets be honest) love cereal for breakfast. However, the vast majority of breakfast offerings in supermarkets are laden with refined sugars and flours, both of which wreak havoc on our bodies.
Here is a healthified alternative the kids will adore (but keep the jar up high or out of sight, otherwise it won't last long!)
1. Place coconut, sunflower seeds, chia, cinnamon and salt in a food processor and pulse until you have a flour like consistency.
2. Place the flour in a small mixing bowl and add the rice malt syrup and egg. Mix well.
3. Scoop the mixture onto a piece of baking paper and cover with another piece of baking paper. Roll this out with a rolling pin until you have a rectangle, roughly 8" x 10" and ¼" thick.
4. Remove the top sheet and pre-cut the dough into small 2x2cm squares.
5. Place the baking paper on a oven tray and cook at 160 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes until light brown.
Enjoy with your choice of yoghurt and fresh berries!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
It has a perfect soft spongy texture and holds together brilliantly for sandwiches, but is also amazing toasted for breakfast.
It contains protein from eggs and healthy fats from the nuts, topped with avocado and tomato, it really is a complete meal.
Did you know gelatin improves gut health and digestion, protects our joints, improves sleep quality, lifts mood and cognitive ability, improves skin health, heart health, maintains strong bones and helps you feel full longer?
I know! Quite amazing! I'm sure you don't need any more reasons to try it for yourself!