Everyone needs a go-to Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, and after many a trial and error, here's mine!
This grain free cookie is crunchy, not too sweet, and mighty fine dunked in a hot drink.
They're also super easy and perfect for the lunch box!
Makes: 12 medium cookies
Time: 10 mins
Bake: 15 mins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 50g butter, at room temperature (can substitute for coconut oil if dairy free)
- 2 heaped Tbsp cashew butter (or almond butter)
- 2 Tbsp rice malt syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper
2. In a bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca, salt and baking powder.
3. In another bowl, place egg, butter, cashew butter, rice malt syrup and vanilla and mix with an electric mixer until creamy.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine.
5. Finally mix through the chopped chocolate.
6. Scoop mixture onto tray to form 12 cookies. You can shape them with your hands and ensure the chocolate is evenly distributed (there's nothing worse than a chocolate sparse cookie!).
7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.