We all have memories of our favourite childhood biscuits. One of the favourites in my household growing up was Griffins Shrewsbury's. You know the ones? White biscuit with the jam filling?
Here's a healthier alternative that are grain free, dairy free and without the added sugar!
Prep Time: 10mins
Bake time: 20mins
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Heat frozen berries in a saucepan until warm, then use an immersion blender or the back of your spoon to puree.
2. Add chia seeds to berries and mix well. Place in fridge until needed.
3. Mix together the almond meal, arrowroot and salt.
4. Add melted coconut oil (or butter) and rice malt syrup. Mix well until the dough can be rolled in a ball. I use my hands for this!
5. Roll cookie dough into golf sized balls and place on a tray. Once all the dough is in balls, use your thumb to create little wells in the middle of the ball.
6. Fill the holes with approximately 1 tsp of berry chia jam.
7. Place in the oven for 20mins, the cool on a wire rack.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
These super easy fritters are great for dinner or the lunch box. Packed full of goodness and perfect with some hummus, coconut yoghurt or sweet chilli sauce.
Double the recipe if you've got a big family to feed :)
Looking for a way to sneak more veg into your kids? Even your grown-up kids?
These are the perfect fit for little fingers are hold together well (despite having no binder!) so there won’t be crumbs all over the house!
Dip them in some tomato sauce, aioli or sweet chilli and watch them eat their veggies!