We all have memories of our favourite childhood biscuits. One of the favourites in my household growing up was Griffins Shrewsbury's. You know the ones? White biscuit with the jam filling?
Here's a healthier alternative that are grain free, dairy free and without the added sugar!
Prep Time: 10mins
Bake time: 20mins
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup arrowroot powder (or tapioca flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup (or honey)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup frozen berries (I used a combo of raspberries and strawberries but anything will work!)
- 1 Tab chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Heat frozen berries in a saucepan until warm, then use an immersion blender or the back of your spoon to puree.
2. Add chia seeds to berries and mix well. Place in fridge until needed.
3. Mix together the almond meal, arrowroot and salt.
4. Add melted coconut oil (or butter) and rice malt syrup. Mix well until the dough can be rolled in a ball. I use my hands for this!
5. Roll cookie dough into golf sized balls and place on a tray. Once all the dough is in balls, use your thumb to create little wells in the middle of the ball.
6. Fill the holes with approximately 1 tsp of berry chia jam.
7. Place in the oven for 20mins, the cool on a wire rack.