We all have memories of our favourite childhood biscuits. One of the favourites in my household growing up was Griffins Shrewsbury's. You know the ones? White biscuit with the jam filling?
Here's a healthier alternative that are grain free, dairy free and without the added sugar!
Prep Time: 10mins
Bake time: 20mins
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Heat frozen berries in a saucepan until warm, then use an immersion blender or the back of your spoon to puree.
2. Add chia seeds to berries and mix well. Place in fridge until needed.
3. Mix together the almond meal, arrowroot and salt.
4. Add melted coconut oil (or butter) and rice malt syrup. Mix well until the dough can be rolled in a ball. I use my hands for this!
5. Roll cookie dough into golf sized balls and place on a tray. Once all the dough is in balls, use your thumb to create little wells in the middle of the ball.
6. Fill the holes with approximately 1 tsp of berry chia jam.
7. Place in the oven for 20mins, the cool on a wire rack.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Light, flurry and only 6 ingredients! Say what?
Zero refined sugar and no oil, great for an afternoon snack for you and the kids.