This is an awesome alternative to the classic flour based pizza crust. It's dairy, grain and gluten free, but best of all it holds together when lifted up full of delicious toppings! This is also tasty the next day cold and brilliant for lunch boxes.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and if using place a pizza stone in the oven.
2. Place mashed kumera, flours, seasonings in a bowl and mix.
3. Add a tablespoon of water at a time, until the texture resembles a dough like consistency. You may need more water (depends on how absorbent your brand of coconut flour is).
4. Place the dough on a piece of baking paper and shape into a flat pizza shape, about 2cm thick.
5. Place the pizza base onto the hot pizza stone or onto a pizza tray or baking tray. Cook for 30 mins.
6. Once cooked and slightly browned, top with tomato paste and all you favourite toppings!
Try it out and save a compartment for it in your bento lunch box this week.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
These delicious potato cakes have the consistency of a fish cake, without the fishy taste!
Awesome for picky eaters of all ages. Serve them with some mixed veg or a salad and some coconut yoghurt dressing on the side.