Nesting is in full swing for me at present with only 2 weeks until my baby is due, and one my more fun jobs is stocking the freezer with breastfeeding friendly snacks for the 2 am feeds!
As I was experimenting with this sugar-free banana and coconut muffin recipe, I thought it would also be perfect for little ones and lunch boxes in particular.
They're completely grain AND nut free (you guys are always on the hunt for nut free recipes!) and can easily be made dairy free too. With the only sweetness coming from the bananas, it pays to make sure they're really ripe or add a dash of maple or rice malt syrup if you really need to. I didn't.
These are delightfully fluffy and just perfect for pulling out of the freezer and microwaving for afternoon tea or a healthy snack.
Makes: 16 mini muffins or 8 large muffins
Time: make 10 mins
Bake time: 22 mins
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease some mini muffin trays.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, place banana, yoghurt, vanilla and eggs. Pulse to combine.
3. Add desiccated coconut, tapioca, coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
4. Let mixture rest for 2-3 mins so coconut flour can absorb some liquid.
5. Spoon mixture into the pre-prepared tray and sprinkle with some more desiccated coconut then transfer to the oven for 20-22 mins or until brown on top and springs back to touch.
*if making larger muffins, they will need an extra 10 minutes of cook time.
These will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the fridge or up to 2 months in the freezer.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Looking for a way to sneak more veg into your kids? Even your grown-up kids?
These are the perfect fit for little fingers are hold together well (despite having no binder!) so there won’t be crumbs all over the house!
Dip them in some tomato sauce, aioli or sweet chilli and watch them eat their veggies!
This is a delicious recipe to whip up and pop in the lunch box this week.
The same delicious flavour and texture as the original, minus the sugar, butter and flour!
Packed full of fibre and vitamins, it'll be gobbled up in no time.