So many schools are no longer allowing nuts at all due to an increase in anaphylactic reactions, so these beauties offer a safer alternative to the traditional nut muesli bar. With minimal ingredients, these bars are excellent frozen and pulled out to pop into a lunchbox as well.
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tab chia seeds
- 1 tab flax seeds
- 1 tab sesame seeds
- 1 tab rice malt syrup
- 2 tabs unhulled tahini
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a slice tray with baking paper.
2. Place all seeds in a food process and pulse until it is fine with a few larger chunks. Next slowly add the tahini and rice malt syrup. The consistency should now be wet enough to be pressed into the tin. Add more tahini if still crumbly.
3. Press into the lined slice tin and bake for 20 minutes or until bottom is starting to turn golden.