My best friend growing up was originally from the US, so I was introduced to American candy early! When I moved cities away from her, I missed my supply of Reeces Pieces Peanut Butter Cups and Peanut Butter M&M's.
Nowadays, these chocolate candies are way too sweet for my taste buds, however, this version you CAN enjoy in moderation, without the trans fats and refined sugar.
This classic favourite is made from cacao butter, rich in omega fatty acids, antioxidants and minerals. Cacao is another amazing superfood with immune and mood-boosting properties.
So go ahead and enjoy!
Makes 12 small peanut butter cups
Time: make: 10mins, chill time: 10 + 20 mins
1. Line some mini muffin tins with mini muffin liners.
2. Over a double boiler (a glass bowl over a pot with an inch of water), melt cacao butter.
3. Remove from the stove top and add 2 Tbsp rice malt syrup and cacao powder. Mix well so there are no lumps.
4. Spoon chocolate into each muffin liner until it is just under half full.
5. Place in the freezer for 10 mins. While you wait, in a separate bowl, mix together remaining 1 Tbsp of rice malt syrup and 1/4 cup peanut butter.
6. Remove cups from freezer and scoop 1/2 tsp of peanut butter mixture into each cup.
7. Cover peanut butter with another tablespoon of chocolate (or until peanut butter is covered) and then sprinkle with a grind of sea salt (optional).
8. Return to the freezer for 20 mins, or until hard to the touch.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Light, flurry and only 6 ingredients! Say what?
Zero refined sugar and no oil, great for an afternoon snack for you and the kids.