- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup puffed rice (optional, will mean it's not grain free) or quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- 100g dark chocolate (I use 85% cacao), melted
1. Line a medium loaf pan with baking paper
2. Mix together almond meal, coconut, rice puffs and salt.
3. In a small pan over the stove top, gently heat the rice malt syrup, peanut butter, oil and vanilla until it forms a creamy mixture.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix to combine.
5. Press into loaf pan and transfer to the fridge while you prepare the topping.
6. Over a double boiler (or carefully in the microwave), melt chocolate. Pour over slice and spread evenly. Transfer back to the fridge for 1 hour.
7. Remove slice from the fridge and slice with a warm knife.
Slice will keep for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Freezes well.