After so many positive comments on the Peanut Butter and Jam Slice from earlier this year, I set about to make an easier, quicker, grab-and-go version and am pleased to announce these bites an absolute winner!
With only 4 ingredients TOTAL, they're the easiest and tastiest little treat for all die hard peanut butter addicts.
Makes: 12 bites
Time: 15 minutes
1. Combine almond meal, rice malt syrup and peanut butter until a rollable dough forms. Add more almond meal if too oily or more peanut butter if crumbly.
2. Make a little 2 x 2cm round ball with the dough then press your thumb in the middle and insert a frozen raspberry (they must be frozen, or you'll struggle to mould the dough around it without smashing the berry).
3. Mould the dough around the berry and shape into a ball again.
4. Continue until all the dough is used up.
5. Transfer to the fridge to set.
Will keep in the fridge for up to a week (but I doubt they'll last that long!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
This is a delicious recipe to whip up and pop in the lunch box this week.
The same delicious flavour and texture as the original, minus the sugar, butter and flour!
Packed full of fibre and vitamins, it'll be gobbled up in no time.
Anyone wanna chocolate bar? A wholefood vegan one I mean ;)
Most definitely still a 'sometimes' food, but these Twix Bars are worth the time investment I promise!