After so many positive comments on the Peanut Butter and Jam Slice from earlier this year, I set about to make an easier, quicker, grab-and-go version and am pleased to announce these bites an absolute winner!
With only 4 ingredients TOTAL, they're the easiest and tastiest little treat for all die hard peanut butter addicts.
Makes: 12 bites
Time: 15 minutes
- 3 Tbsp smooth peanut butter (could use almond butter or cashew butter)
- 1 Tbsp rice malt syrup (or maple syrup/honey)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 12 frozen raspberries (or any berry on hand!)
1. Combine almond meal, rice malt syrup and peanut butter until a rollable dough forms. Add more almond meal if too oily or more peanut butter if crumbly.
2. Make a little 2 x 2cm round ball with the dough then press your thumb in the middle and insert a frozen raspberry (they must be frozen, or you'll struggle to mould the dough around it without smashing the berry).
3. Mould the dough around the berry and shape into a ball again.
4. Continue until all the dough is used up.
5. Transfer to the fridge to set.
Will keep in the fridge for up to a week (but I doubt they'll last that long!
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: dairy free, easy, gluten free, grain free, lunch, lunchbox, snacks, sugar free, treat, vegan