Who doesn't like a good peanut butter and jam combo? I have yet to meet anyone!
Here is something I put together for those moments when a plain old PB & J sammie just won't do.
This slice is not only refined sugar free, it's also grain free and vegan! It's easy to make and has a definite wow factor.
Makes: 8 slices
Time: 20 mins, plus 2 hours in fridge
1. Place berries in a saucepan and heat until bubbling gently, add sweetener of choice (if using) and chia seeds. Stir to combine then transfer chia jam to the fridge while continuing with the recipe.
2. Line a 25cmx 10cm loaf pan with baking paper. Add the cashews, almond meal, salt, cinnamon and vanilla to a food processor and mix until crumb like.
3. Add the peanut butter and rice malt syrup and blend until it forms a ball. Add more peanut butter if needed, until it reaches a consistency that can be pressed into a pan.
4. Press half the peanut butter base mixture into the loaf pan and smooth with your fingers.
5. Spread chilled chia jam over the base. Crumble remaining peanut butter base on top and gently press down.
6. Return slice to the fridge for 2 hours to set and cool.
Cut into 8 servings and enjoy with a cup of tea or glass of milk!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
These super easy fritters are great for dinner or the lunch box. Packed full of goodness and perfect with some hummus, coconut yoghurt or sweet chilli sauce.
Double the recipe if you've got a big family to feed :)
Looking for a way to sneak more veg into your kids? Even your grown-up kids?
These are the perfect fit for little fingers are hold together well (despite having no binder!) so there won’t be crumbs all over the house!
Dip them in some tomato sauce, aioli or sweet chilli and watch them eat their veggies!