These delicious potato cakes have the consistency of a fish cake, without the fishy taste!
Awesome for picky eaters of all ages. Serve them with some mixed veg or a salad and some coconut yoghurt dressing on the side.
Makes: 16 cakes
Time: 1 hour
1. Peel and dice the potatoes and place into a large pot of boiling water. Boil potatoes for 20-22minutes until tender.
2. Mash the potatoes and set aside until cool enough to handle.
3. Separate the jackfruit into strands and discard the tough parts (it should resemble pulled pork appearance!).
4. Add jackfruit, mayo, onion and salt and pepper and mix well.
5. Heat a griddle and add olive oil. Shape the mixture into patties and then coat in breadcrumbs and place on the hot griddle.
6. Cook for 5-6 minutes each side until golden brown. Cook in batches to avoid overcrowding the griddle.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Easy and delicious, these light and crispy treats will be a hit for the lunchbox!
They're free from nuts and use a fructose-free sweetener to avoid sugar spikes to keep your kids energised the whole day.
With a few extra add ons for extra nutrition, give these a whirl and see what you think!