Here’s one for the grown-ups! For all those who need a little pick-me-up during the day, this one is for you!
I adore anything that incorporates my two favorite things; chocolate and coffee. This bar take it even further and adds in some peanuts for a nutty flavor too!
These are perfect as a quick breakfast on the go, but even better for afternoon tea alongside a caffeine-free beverage. They have just the right amount of coffee to NOT keep you wired and awake till 2 am!
You can easily substitute the peanuts for any allergy requirements but don’t skimp on the chocolate!
With only 3 tablespoons of added sweetener for the who batch, these bars taste decadent but are not loaded with sugar like most commercial muesli bars. Naturally gluten-free (if you can source GF oats) and dairy-free, they’re a delicious must-make for all busy parents, workers or students…actually for anyone really!
Makes: 8-10 Bars
Time: 15 mins to make, 1 hour to chill
1. Line a 20x 20cm slice tin with baking paper.
2. In the bowl of the food processor add oats, coffee, chocolate, coconut, chia seeds and cacao powder. Pulse to combine (but do not over blend).
3. In a small saucepan or in the microwave, melt coconut oil and add nut butter and sweetener. Mix until combined and no lumps remain.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into a large bowl and then add the wet ingredients. Using a spoon (or your hands), mix ingredients, ensuring the wet mix is evenly distributed - you don't want any dry bits!
5. Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and press down very firmly with the back of a spoon of the palm of your hand.
6. Transfer to the freezer to firm up - this should take 1 hour.
Remove slice from freezer and slice into desired sized bars. Keep the slice in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
These super easy fritters are great for dinner or the lunch box. Packed full of goodness and perfect with some hummus, coconut yoghurt or sweet chilli sauce.
Double the recipe if you've got a big family to feed :)
Looking for a way to sneak more veg into your kids? Even your grown-up kids?
These are the perfect fit for little fingers are hold together well (despite having no binder!) so there won’t be crumbs all over the house!
Dip them in some tomato sauce, aioli or sweet chilli and watch them eat their veggies!