Kellogs LCM bars were all the rage a few years back. They are a new packaged version of the old classic rice bubble slice, which was an absolute favourite at every kids birthday party growing up, and still is today!
Whether you're making the traditional version or buying the packaged bars at the supermarket, now you can have the same great taste, without all the sugar and additives!
Makes 8-12 bars
Time: 20 mins
1. Line a 20x20cm slice tray or pyrex dish with baking paper.
2. in a large bowl combine rice puffs, chia, coconut and cacao powder. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan, combine cashew butter, rice malt syrup and coconut oil and simmer until well combined and caramel-like consistency (approx 5 mins).
4. Pour wet ingredients over dry and mix well.
5. Scoop mixture into prepared tray, wet hands and press down very firmly to obtain a flat surface and no gaps between rice puffs.
6. Transfer to the fridge for 1 hour before slicing into desired bar sizes.
Will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. Does not freeze well, as the rice puffs losetheir crunch.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
These super easy fritters are great for dinner or the lunch box. Packed full of goodness and perfect with some hummus, coconut yoghurt or sweet chilli sauce.
Double the recipe if you've got a big family to feed :)
Looking for a way to sneak more veg into your kids? Even your grown-up kids?
These are the perfect fit for little fingers are hold together well (despite having no binder!) so there won’t be crumbs all over the house!
Dip them in some tomato sauce, aioli or sweet chilli and watch them eat their veggies!