Feijoa season is still in full swing and so I'm on the hunt to find creative ways to use them up!
This cake is delightfully moist and flavorsome, as a good cake should be.
Don't expect it to rise hugely in the middle (grain free baking often does), as the ingredients are too dense for that, but don't let that put you off because this nutrient dense cake is divine cold or hot served along side a cup of tea on any occasion.
Make: 20 mins
Bake: 45 mins +
1. Heat oven to 160 degrees and line/grease a medium sized cake tin with baking paper
2. Put mashed feijoas, eggs, butter and sweetener in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
3. Combine all dry ingredients in another bowl, then add to wet ingredients.
4. Pour mixture into pre-prepared cake tin and then decorate with pecans.
5. Place cake in the hot oven for 45 minutes. Check the cake with a skewer at this point to see if it's cooked in the centre. If not, continue to cook at 5 minute intervals until skewer comes out clean.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Easy and delicious, these light and crispy treats will be a hit for the lunchbox!
They're free from nuts and use a fructose-free sweetener to avoid sugar spikes to keep your kids energised the whole day.
With a few extra add ons for extra nutrition, give these a whirl and see what you think!