One for grown ups this week!
Despite what the name suggests, there's no caffeine in this cake, just delicious nutty cinnamon swirls.
Perfect along side your coffee or tea, this cake can also be made without the topping for a simple snack, but in my opinion needs the extra layer for depth of flavour.
Time make: 15 mins
Time bake: 25 mins
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 20x20cm slice pan with baking paper.
2. Place all base ingredients into the food processor of blender (in the order listed) and blend until combined.
3. Spoon batter into the prepared tin and press down evenly (the coconut flour will make the batter very thick).
4. Rinse your food processor then place nuts and remaining topping ingredients in processor and blitz until nuts are finely chopped.
5. Spoon topping over the base evenly, then with a knife, swirl the topping into the base slightly (so when you cut your cake you will see the topping spread into the base internally).
6. Bake for 33-35 minutes until topping is golden brown.
Let the cake rest in the pan for 30 mins, then cut and serve.
Best eaten the day it's made, but will keep for 2 days in a cool pantry.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Easy and delicious, these light and crispy treats will be a hit for the lunchbox!
They're free from nuts and use a fructose-free sweetener to avoid sugar spikes to keep your kids energised the whole day.
With a few extra add ons for extra nutrition, give these a whirl and see what you think!