I made these for a friend who was missing her favourite sweet treat since being diagnosed with Coeliacs Disease. Her feedback about them was 'heavenly'!
These are completely grain free, dairy free and sugar free (except for the dried fruit). Give them a go and eat them fresh straight out of the oven or reheat later for the perfect spiced roll.
Prep: 30 mins
Bake: 30-35 mins
Makes 8 scrolls
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a saucepan, place oil, water, salt, rice malt syrup and bring to the boil.
3. Take off heat and add arrowroot flour and mix until a stick dough forms. Let cool for 3 minutes.
4. Add egg and coconut flour and mix until combined.
5. Place a piece of baking paper of the bench and place the dough on the board and knead with your hand for 1 minute.
6. Place another sheet of baking paper over the top of the ball of dough and roll flat with a rolling pin. You'll want it to be square in shape and approximately 3mm flat (not too thick or the dough will split when rolling!)
7. In another bowl, combine the filling ingredients and then spread evenly on the pastry dough, leaving a 2cm border on all sides.
8. Roll the dough into the log and then slice carefully into 3cm slices.
9. Place evenly, flat side down on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake at 180 degrees for 30-35minutes, until tops are golden.
10. Melt the coconut butter and drizzle on top as a glaze.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Light, flurry and only 6 ingredients! Say what?
Zero refined sugar and no oil, great for an afternoon snack for you and the kids.