I've been getting feedback from many parents that their little ones are allergic/intolerant to eggs, so I decided to have a go at some egg-free baking.
The good thing about these deliciously soft and chewy cookies are that they're also dairy free, grain free and refined sugar-free too!
With a base of chickpeas, they pack a plant-based protein punch and are a good source of fiber, iron and zinc.
Only 6 ingredients, all blended in a food processor so no need for multiple bowls, these really come together in a matter of minutes!
Give them a go and let me know what you think!
Time: Make 5 mins, bake 20 mins
Makes: 10 cookies
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place all ingredients in a food processor and whiz to combine. You will need to use a spatula to push the mixture down the sides.
3. When fully combined and the mixture is smooth, remove the blade and scoop 1.5 Tbsp of the mixture on to your prepared tray and shape into cookie.
4. Repeat until all mixture is used up. Sprinkle each cookie with a few cacao nibs to garnish
5. Transfer to the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Eat fresh out of the oven or let cool and store in an airtight container.
Will last in the pantry for 2-3 days.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Looking for a way to sneak more veg into your kids? Even your grown-up kids?
These are the perfect fit for little fingers are hold together well (despite having no binder!) so there won’t be crumbs all over the house!
Dip them in some tomato sauce, aioli or sweet chilli and watch them eat their veggies!
This is a delicious recipe to whip up and pop in the lunch box this week.
The same delicious flavour and texture as the original, minus the sugar, butter and flour!
Packed full of fibre and vitamins, it'll be gobbled up in no time.