I've been getting feedback from many parents that their little ones are allergic/intolerant to eggs, so I decided to have a go at some egg-free baking.
The good thing about these deliciously soft and chewy cookies are that they're also dairy free, grain free and refined sugar-free too!
With a base of chickpeas, they pack a plant-based protein punch and are a good source of fiber, iron and zinc.
Only 6 ingredients, all blended in a food processor so no need for multiple bowls, these really come together in a matter of minutes!
Give them a go and let me know what you think!
Time: Make 5 mins, bake 20 mins
Makes: 10 cookies
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place all ingredients in a food processor and whiz to combine. You will need to use a spatula to push the mixture down the sides.
3. When fully combined and the mixture is smooth, remove the blade and scoop 1.5 Tbsp of the mixture on to your prepared tray and shape into cookie.
4. Repeat until all mixture is used up. Sprinkle each cookie with a few cacao nibs to garnish
5. Transfer to the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Eat fresh out of the oven or let cool and store in an airtight container.
Will last in the pantry for 2-3 days.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Easy and delicious, these light and crispy treats will be a hit for the lunchbox!
They're free from nuts and use a fructose-free sweetener to avoid sugar spikes to keep your kids energised the whole day.
With a few extra add ons for extra nutrition, give these a whirl and see what you think!