This easy to prepare loaf is perfect for lunch boxes and great toasted with butter for a quick breakfast in the morning.
- 1 bannana mashed
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tab rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 large carrot grated
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or omit)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
2. Mash the bannana in a bowl and add eggs, coconut oil, rice malt syrup, apple cider vinegar and carrot. Whisk to combine.
3. Next add coconut flour, cinnamon, spice, baking powder and salt. Stir well ensuring there are no lumps of flour.
4. Spread the mixture into the loaf pan and sprinkle with the shredded coconut. Bake for 50 minutes or slightly longer if center is still doughy.
Bread will keep for 5 day in the fridge or freezes excellently to pull out when needed.
*adapted from a recipe by Meg Yonson.