The start of berry season is upon us here in NZ, so this delicious raw slice will be a must-make this summer! It can be made with any berry you have available, but I think cherries would be a divine addition over the Christmas season!
Prep time: 15 mins
Freeze time: 30 mins
Makes: 12 large slices
- 1 cup frozen or fresh berries (I used raspberries here)
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 Tabs coconut oil
- 50g cacao butter (can be found at any health food store) or use more coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut cream (I use Ayam brand as it has no preservatives)
- 2 Tabs rice malt syrup (or maple syrup/honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200g dark chocolate (I like 85% Lindt)
1. Place the frozen berries in a saucepan and heat until melted.
2. Place 1 cup of desiccated coconut and melted coconut oil in food processor. Add raspberries and pulse until combined.
3. Press mixture into a lined slice tray ( I actually used a loaf pan for more depth) and place in the freezer while you make next layer.
4. Place cacao butter, coconut cream, syrup and vanilla essence in a pan on stove top and heat gently until all butter has melted and mixture is creamy. Add remaining 1 cup of desiccated coconut and then pour over the raspberry layer and spread evenly with back of spatula. Return to freezer for 5-10mins.
5. Over a double boiler, melt chocolate and pour over the chilled slice then place tray back in the freezer for 10mins or the fridge for 30mins until set. Wait patiently!
Cut into slices with a hot knife and store in the fridge. Will keep well in the freezer.
Share this post
- 0 comments
- Tags: coconut, dairy free, gluten free, grain free, lunchbox, nut free, paleo, sugar free, treat