This hardly needs a recipe at all, but I whipped up this batch of easy Bacon and Egg Cups for lunch for the hubby and a friend the other day and it reminded me how easy and perfect these little creations are.
They're satisfying and nutrient dense. They keep well in a lunch box and tick all the macronutrient boxes.
Makes 8 cups
Time: 10 mins + 25 min bake
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Spray a muffin tray with baking spray (I use coconut oil spray) or grease with oil.
2. Take a rash of bacon and place it around the inside of the muffin tin creating a circle. Repeat with all 8 rashes.
3. Place a small piece of roasted pumpkin in the bottom of each muffin tin (to form a base to the cup).
4. Break an egg on top of the roasted pumpkin, repeat until all 8 tins are full.
5. Place half a cherry tomato and 1/2 tsp pesto on top of egg.
6. Bake in oven for 25 minutes of until egg is cooked and golden.
Eat straight out of the oven with a salad and some chutney or cool and take in your lunch box to school or work.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Light, flurry and only 6 ingredients! Say what?
Zero refined sugar and no oil, great for an afternoon snack for you and the kids.