This hardly needs a recipe at all, but I whipped up this batch of easy Bacon and Egg Cups for lunch for the hubby and a friend the other day and it reminded me how easy and perfect these little creations are.
They're satisfying and nutrient dense. They keep well in a lunch box and tick all the macronutrient boxes.
Makes 8 cups
Time: 10 mins + 25 min bake
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Spray a muffin tray with baking spray (I use coconut oil spray) or grease with oil.
2. Take a rash of bacon and place it around the inside of the muffin tin creating a circle. Repeat with all 8 rashes.
3. Place a small piece of roasted pumpkin in the bottom of each muffin tin (to form a base to the cup).
4. Break an egg on top of the roasted pumpkin, repeat until all 8 tins are full.
5. Place half a cherry tomato and 1/2 tsp pesto on top of egg.
6. Bake in oven for 25 minutes of until egg is cooked and golden.
Eat straight out of the oven with a salad and some chutney or cool and take in your lunch box to school or work.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Easy and delicious, these light and crispy treats will be a hit for the lunchbox!
They're free from nuts and use a fructose-free sweetener to avoid sugar spikes to keep your kids energised the whole day.
With a few extra add ons for extra nutrition, give these a whirl and see what you think!