This hardly needs a recipe at all, but I whipped up this batch of easy Bacon and Egg Cups for lunch for the hubby and a friend the other day and it reminded me how easy and perfect these little creations are.
They're satisfying and nutrient dense. They keep well in a lunch box and tick all the macronutrient boxes.
Makes 8 cups
Time: 10 mins + 25 min bake
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Spray a muffin tray with baking spray (I use coconut oil spray) or grease with oil.
2. Take a rash of bacon and place it around the inside of the muffin tin creating a circle. Repeat with all 8 rashes.
3. Place a small piece of roasted pumpkin in the bottom of each muffin tin (to form a base to the cup).
4. Break an egg on top of the roasted pumpkin, repeat until all 8 tins are full.
5. Place half a cherry tomato and 1/2 tsp pesto on top of egg.
6. Bake in oven for 25 minutes of until egg is cooked and golden.
Eat straight out of the oven with a salad and some chutney or cool and take in your lunch box to school or work.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
These delicious potato cakes have the consistency of a fish cake, without the fishy taste!
Awesome for picky eaters of all ages. Serve them with some mixed veg or a salad and some coconut yoghurt dressing on the side.