This hardly needs a recipe at all, but I whipped up this batch of easy Bacon and Egg Cups for lunch for the hubby and a friend the other day and it reminded me how easy and perfect these little creations are.
They're satisfying and nutrient dense. They keep well in a lunch box and tick all the macronutrient boxes.
Makes 8 cups
Time: 10 mins + 25 min bake
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Spray a muffin tray with baking spray (I use coconut oil spray) or grease with oil.
2. Take a rash of bacon and place it around the inside of the muffin tin creating a circle. Repeat with all 8 rashes.
3. Place a small piece of roasted pumpkin in the bottom of each muffin tin (to form a base to the cup).
4. Break an egg on top of the roasted pumpkin, repeat until all 8 tins are full.
5. Place half a cherry tomato and 1/2 tsp pesto on top of egg.
6. Bake in oven for 25 minutes of until egg is cooked and golden.
Eat straight out of the oven with a salad and some chutney or cool and take in your lunch box to school or work.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
These super easy fritters are great for dinner or the lunch box. Packed full of goodness and perfect with some hummus, coconut yoghurt or sweet chilli sauce.
Double the recipe if you've got a big family to feed :)
Looking for a way to sneak more veg into your kids? Even your grown-up kids?
These are the perfect fit for little fingers are hold together well (despite having no binder!) so there won’t be crumbs all over the house!
Dip them in some tomato sauce, aioli or sweet chilli and watch them eat their veggies!