Winter evenings can have us desiring something warm and comforting after dinner. This Apple Cobbler is a really easy treat the whole family will love.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Peel the apples and dice. Cook the apples in a pot in 2-3cm of water and cook until soft. Drain the water and toss through the arrowroot powder.
2. Stir together the almond flour, coconut sugar and baking powder. Once combined, add the room temperature butter and mix with your hands until a dough forms.
3. Add the apples to a bake proof tin/pan/cast iron pan. Crumble the dough on top of the apples.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until top is golden.
Serve with fresh cream or coconut yoghurt. Is also great cold the next day for breakfast or in your lunch box!
* for a dairy free option, use coconut oil, but I prefer the taste of butter!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Light, flurry and only 6 ingredients! Say what?
Zero refined sugar and no oil, great for an afternoon snack for you and the kids.