This deliciously moist and spiced loaf is beautiful straight out of the oven, in the lunch box or even used to make french toast for weekend brunch.
Reminiscent of the ginger loaf my mum used to make us kids for afternoon tea, this one is grain free and sugar free, but equally as delectable.
A super easy way to use up leftover roast pumpkin from last nights dinner (or as I usually do, roast more especially!).
Makes: 1 loaf
Time: Make 20 mins, Bake 1 hour.
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees and line a small loaf tin (20cm x 9cm) with baking paper.
1. Place pumpkin puree, eggs, rice malt syrup, almond milk and cashew butter in a bowl and mix with electric beater until smooth.
2. Add almond meal, tapioca, spices, soda and salt. Mix until well combined *
3. Pour mixture into lined loaf tin and top with walnuts and another sprinkle of cinnamon
4. Bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean. Let cool slightly in tin then slice and enjoy.
*you can also add some sultanas or chopped dark chocolate at this point if you want to mix it up, but I like it as is.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
This is a delicious recipe to whip up and pop in the lunch box this week.
The same delicious flavour and texture as the original, minus the sugar, butter and flour!
Packed full of fibre and vitamins, it'll be gobbled up in no time.
Anyone wanna chocolate bar? A wholefood vegan one I mean ;)
Most definitely still a 'sometimes' food, but these Twix Bars are worth the time investment I promise!