Is there anything better than cookies and cream? Maybe chocolate cookies and cream!
I was feeling creative and this slice just kind of came into being, but I'm not sorry because it really works! This raw decadent slice is smooth and creamy with a delightful crunch from the cacao nibs.
You can substitute any nut butter, for example, coconut butter for a Bounty Bar feel or peanut butter if you want a more Snickers bar taste!
Just make sure you cut this slice into small pieces so you don't feel bad going back for seconds ;)
Makes: 1 loaf tin sized slice
Time: 20 mins make, 40 mins chill time
Bottom 'Cream' layer:
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Top 'Chocolate Cookie' layer:
- 10 medjool dates (soaked in boiling water for 20 mins)
- 3/4 cup cashew butter (or almond butter)
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (or chopped dark chocolate)
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Pour enough boiling water over the dates to just cover them, leave for 20 mins.
- In a food processor add almond meal, coconut, walnuts, and cinnamon, then process until combined.
- With the blade running, pour in melted coconut oil and rice malt syrup.
- Press mixture into the lined tin and transfer to the freezer.
- Clean food processor bowl and then add softened dates, cashew butter, cacao powder and melted coconut oil, and mix until silky smooth (you may need to step blade and use a spatula to help the mixture combine).
- Remove blade and mix through cacao nibs.
- Remove slice from freezer and spread chocolate cookie layer on top of 'cream' layer. Press down well and return to the freezer for 40 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Slice into desired bite sized pieces and enjoy! Store the slice in the fridge for a week. Freezes well.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.