I posted a lovely image of a lunch box online by a friend who had made some chickpea flour frittatas for her children. Many of you were keen for the recipe, so I thought I'd give you one!
These are just perfect for kids with allergies to eggs but are awesome for all kids as they have the same egg-like texture and yellow colour.
100% gluten free and packed full of protein (chickpea flour has more protein per 100g than cooked eggs!!), they freeze beautifully and are a perfect lunch box filler or fast breakfast on the go.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 22 mins
Makes: 12 mini frittatas
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a 12 hole muffin tin with liners or grease well.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder and water and whisk to combine. Ensure there are no lumps.
3. Dice kumara and capsicum, then add these and the corn to the muffin tin so each muffin has an even amount of filling.
4. Use a soup ladle and pour the chickpea flour mixture (which will be very runny) into each muffin hole until mixture is used up.
5. Transfer tray to the oven and cook on FAN BAKE for 22 minutes (30-35 mins on bake).
6. Remove from the oven and use a knife to gently remove from the liners/tray. Eat immediately, or store in a glass container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
These freeze well and are easy to heat up for an easy protein packed breakfast.
Comments will be approved before showing up.