My Grandma always made the most delicious slices growing up. I remember a beautiful coffee and walnut slice and a delicious lemon version too. Made with crushed biscuits and copious amount of condensed milk, they were oh so tasty, but not so great for our bodies!
Here is my healthy recreation of that famous lemon slice, minus the sugar and refined flours.
With extra fibre from psyllium husk and chia and naturally sweetened with the coconut butter, this slice has just the right amount of lemony zing!
Makes 8-10 bars
Time: 10 mins (30 mins in the freezer)
1. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Place all ingredients into a food processor. Mix until combined. Add more water if you need, until mixture is dough-like and able to be pressed into the tin.
3. Press mixture into prepared lined loaf pan and spread evenly.
4. Sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
5. Place in the fridge for 3 hours until cold (or alternatively, the freezer for 30mins until solid). Cut into bars for lunch boxes or after dinner treat.
Store in the fridge. Keeps in the fridge for 1 week and the freezer for 3 months.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
This is a delicious recipe to whip up and pop in the lunch box this week.
The same delicious flavour and texture as the original, minus the sugar, butter and flour!
Packed full of fibre and vitamins, it'll be gobbled up in no time.
Anyone wanna chocolate bar? A wholefood vegan one I mean ;)
Most definitely still a 'sometimes' food, but these Twix Bars are worth the time investment I promise!