My Grandma always made the most delicious slices growing up. I remember a beautiful coffee and walnut slice and a delicious lemon version too. Made with crushed biscuits and copious amount of condensed milk, they were oh so tasty, but not so great for our bodies!
Here is my heathy recreation of that famous lemon slice, minus the sugar and refined flours.
With extra fibre from psyllium husk and chia and naturally sweetened by the coconut butter, this slice has just the right amount of lemony zing!
Makes 8-10 bars
Time: 10 mins (30 mins in freezer)
1. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Place all ingredients into a food processor. Mix until combined. Add more water if you need, until mixture is dough like and able to be pressed into the tin.
3. Press mixture into prepared lined loaf pan and spread evenly.
4. Sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
5. Place in the fridge for 3 hours until cold (or alternatively, the freezer for 30mins until solid). Cut into bars for lunch boxes or after dinner treat.
Store in the fridge. Keeps in the fridge for 1 week and the freezer for 3 months.
Comments will be approved before showing up.