One for grown ups this week!
Despite what the name suggests, there's no caffeine in this cake, just delicious nutty cinnamon swirls.
Perfect along side your coffee or tea, this cake can also be made without the topping for a simple snack, but in my opinion needs the extra layer for depth of flavour.
Time make: 15 mins
Time bake: 25 mins
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 20x20cm slice pan with baking paper.
2. Place all base ingredients into the food processor of blender (in the order listed) and blend until combined.
3. Spoon batter into the prepared tin and press down evenly (the coconut flour will make the batter very thick).
4. Rinse your food processor then place nuts and remaining topping ingredients in processor and blitz until nuts are finely chopped.
5. Spoon topping over the base evenly, then with a knife, swirl the topping into the base slightly (so when you cut your cake you will see the topping spread into the base internally).
6. Bake for 33-35 minutes until topping is golden brown.
Let the cake rest in the pan for 30 mins, then cut and serve.
Best eaten the day it's made, but will keep for 2 days in a cool pantry.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Nesting is in full swing for me at present with only 2 weeks until my baby is due, and one my more fun jobs is stocking the freezer with breastfeeding friendly snacks for the 2am feeds!
As I was experimenting with this sugar free banana and coconut muffin recipe, I thought it would also be perfect for little ones and lunch boxes in particular.
What's better than a fudgy brownie with an added vegetable? TWO added vegetables! Well a fruit and a vegetable to be exact, but it's gotta be good for you!
This brownie is very fudge-like, hence the name, and not overly sweet (unless you add more sweetener), but it's delicious and completely guilt free.
With healthy fats and potassium from the avocado, vitamin A and vitamin C from the kumura and an abundance of antioxidants and iron from the cacao, this is truly a nutrient-dense addition to any baking repertoire.