One for grown ups this week!
Despite what the name suggests, there's no caffeine in this cake, just delicious nutty cinnamon swirls.
Perfect along side your coffee or tea, this cake can also be made without the topping for a simple snack, but in my opinion needs the extra layer for depth of flavour.
Time make: 15 mins
Time bake: 25 mins
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 20x20cm slice pan with baking paper.
2. Place all base ingredients into the food processor of blender (in the order listed) and blend until combined.
3. Spoon batter into the prepared tin and press down evenly (the coconut flour will make the batter very thick).
4. Rinse your food processor then place nuts and remaining topping ingredients in processor and blitz until nuts are finely chopped.
5. Spoon topping over the base evenly, then with a knife, swirl the topping into the base slightly (so when you cut your cake you will see the topping spread into the base internally).
6. Bake for 33-35 minutes until topping is golden brown.
Let the cake rest in the pan for 30 mins, then cut and serve.
Best eaten the day it's made, but will keep for 2 days in a cool pantry.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Here’s one for the grown-ups! For all those who need a little pick-me-up during the day, this one is for you!
I adore anything that incorporates my two favorite things; chocolate and coffee. This bar take it even further and adds in some peanuts for a nutty flavor too!
I don't know about you, but lolly cake was always the slice I gravitated towards as a kid and teen, but when I became more health conscious and realised that malt biscuits, condensed milk and Eskimo lollies were less than nourishing, I tried to make better choices. But the other day I decided nobody should have to miss out and decided to healthify it.
Like the majority of my recipes, they are many easy substitutions such as a different nut butter, nut or dried fruit. It's adaptable to your own tastes and I've tried it with chopped dates, dried blueberries and walnuts and it was fabulous!