Winter evenings can have us desiring something warm and comforting after dinner. This Apple Cobbler is a really easy treat the whole family will love.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Peel the apples and dice. Cook the apples in a pot in 2-3cm of water and cook until soft. Drain the water and toss through the arrowroot powder.
2. Stir together the almond flour, coconut sugar and baking powder. Once combined, add the room temperature butter and mix with your hands until a dough forms.
3. Add the apples to a bake proof tin/pan/cast iron pan. Crumble the dough on top of the apples.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until top is golden.
Serve with fresh cream or coconut yoghurt. Is also great cold the next day for breakfast or in your lunch box!
* for a dairy free option, use coconut oil, but I prefer the taste of butter!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
It has a perfect soft spongy texture and holds together brilliantly for sandwiches, but is also amazing toasted for breakfast.
It contains protein from eggs and healthy fats from the nuts, topped with avocado and tomato, it really is a complete meal.
Did you know gelatin improves gut health and digestion, protects our joints, improves sleep quality, lifts mood and cognitive ability, improves skin health, heart health, maintains strong bones and helps you feel full longer?
I know! Quite amazing! I'm sure you don't need any more reasons to try it for yourself!