NEW and IMPROVED
*I made these brownies back in 2016 and they've now had a facelift! With the addition of the nut butter icing, this goes from yum to WOW!
These brownies are so delicious, full of vitamin A and plenty of fiber, but without the sugar hit. I've tested it myself, and people never guess they're loaded with veg! (except my husband, who knows me too well!). I often put an extra kumara on the bottom rack of the oven when I'm cooking a roast for dinner, specifically so I can make these the next day!
Makes: 12 brownies
Time: 30 mins + 25 min cook time
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a brownie pan with baking paper.
2. Combine the sweet potato puree, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, rice malt syrup and oil of choice, mix until creamy.
3. Add the baking powder, cacao powder and lastly the coconut flour and stir until well combined. If the mixture is too wet, add a tiny bit extra coconut flour but not too much of your brownies will be dry.
4. Spread brownie mix into the pre-prepared tray and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked in the middle.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
6. While waiting for the brownie to cool, make the icing. Melt coconut oil and add nut butter, cacao and sweetener of choice.
7. Once brownie is completely cool, smooth over your icing and then transfer to the fridge to allow icing to set before slicing brownie.
Try not to eat them all at once!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Light, flurry and only 6 ingredients! Say what?
Zero refined sugar and no oil, great for an afternoon snack for you and the kids.