Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Loaf
Excess brown bananas to use up?
Let that be the ONLY excuse you need to try this delicious loaf.
I mean really, chocolate, peanut butter and banana....who doesn't love that combination?
Makes: 1 loaf
Time: 20 mins to make, 1 hour to bake
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder (or essence)
- 1/4 cup sweeter of choice e.g. rice malt syrup or maple syrup (optional, I didn't use any as the banana is sweet enough)
- 5 bananas, mashed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (almond or cashew butter)
- 1 banana, cut length ways
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a standard loaf pan with baking paper.
2. Mash bananas until smooth then add eggs, peanut butter and oil then whisk to combine.
3. Add all dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir to combine. Be cautious to not over mix or the loaf won't rise as much as it should.
4. Transfer mixture to pre-prepared tin and flatten. Place extra sliced banana on top and sprinkle with walnuts.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean. If the top is getting too brown place some tin foil over the top in the last 20 mins while the middle continues to cook.
6. Cool, slice and enjoy with your favourite nut butter or coconut yoghurt! Yum!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
These delicious potato cakes have the consistency of a fish cake, without the fishy taste!
Awesome for picky eaters of all ages. Serve them with some mixed veg or a salad and some coconut yoghurt dressing on the side.
These delicious soft cookies are perfect dunked in your favourite milk, or for the lunch box. Everyone needs a good choc chip cookie recipe. Maybe this is yours? Read More