This super easy recipe was one I whipped up for lunches this week, but could equally be used for a quick dinner alongside a salad and some kumera wedges. These patties are delicious dipped in pesto or paprika mayo. They are a superb way to sneak extra veges into the kids without them knowing and hold together fabulously.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10mins
1. Place 1/2 head of broccoli in the food processor and blitz till rice sized. Should make 3/4 cup of broccoli rice.
2. Place mince, broccoli, flaxseed, coconut flour, egg, mustard and salt and pepper in bowl and mix with your hands!
3. Heat the coconut oil over a large frypan.
4. Place the desiccated coconut on a plate.
5. Shape mixture into patties and press into the desiccated coconut until coated both sides.
6. Fry patties for 4 minutes each side until brown and the coconut is crispy.
Serve with salad and wedges for a perfect fast family meal, or put into lunch boxes with some dipping sauce.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
These delicious potato cakes have the consistency of a fish cake, without the fishy taste!
Awesome for picky eaters of all ages. Serve them with some mixed veg or a salad and some coconut yoghurt dressing on the side.