This super easy recipe was one I whipped up for lunches this week, but could equally be used for a quick dinner alongside a salad and some kumera wedges. These patties are delicious dipped in pesto or paprika mayo. They are a superb way to sneak extra veges into the kids without them knowing and hold together fabulously.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10mins
1. Place 1/2 head of broccoli in the food processor and blitz till rice sized. Should make 3/4 cup of broccoli rice.
2. Place mince, broccoli, flaxseed, coconut flour, egg, mustard and salt and pepper in bowl and mix with your hands!
3. Heat the coconut oil over a large frypan.
4. Place the desiccated coconut on a plate.
5. Shape mixture into patties and press into the desiccated coconut until coated both sides.
6. Fry patties for 4 minutes each side until brown and the coconut is crispy.
Serve with salad and wedges for a perfect fast family meal, or put into lunch boxes with some dipping sauce.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
These super easy fritters are great for dinner or the lunch box. Packed full of goodness and perfect with some hummus, coconut yoghurt or sweet chilli sauce.
Double the recipe if you've got a big family to feed :)
Looking for a way to sneak more veg into your kids? Even your grown-up kids?
These are the perfect fit for little fingers are hold together well (despite having no binder!) so there won’t be crumbs all over the house!
Dip them in some tomato sauce, aioli or sweet chilli and watch them eat their veggies!