This healthified take on the classic Happy Meal treat are a great addition to any lunchbox, or eat for dinner with a side of coleslaw and kumera wedges. Your kids (and health conscious parents) will love them!
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Stir together 1/4 cup coconut flour, LSA and 1/2 tsp salt. Set aside.
3. Place chicken, egg, remaining 1/4 cup coconut flour, 1/2 tsp salt, onion powder, garlic, pepper and mix to combine.
4. Shape into nuggets and coat with prepared coconut flour mixture, place on baking tray.
5. Cook for 15mins, then brush both sides of each nugget with coconut oil. Return to oven for a further 10mins or until golden.
Enjoy with homemade tomato sauce.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Easy and delicious, these light and crispy treats will be a hit for the lunchbox!
They're free from nuts and use a fructose-free sweetener to avoid sugar spikes to keep your kids energised the whole day.
With a few extra add ons for extra nutrition, give these a whirl and see what you think!