This healthified take on the classic Happy Meal treat are a great addition to any lunchbox, or eat for dinner with a side of coleslaw and kumera wedges. Your kids (and health conscious parents) will love them!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tab of LSA (Linseed, sunflower and almond mix)
- 1 tsp salt
- 500g organic minced chicken
- 1 large organic free range egg
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or ghee
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Stir together 1/4 cup coconut flour, LSA and 1/2 tsp salt. Set aside.
3. Place chicken, egg, remaining 1/4 cup coconut flour, 1/2 tsp salt, onion powder, garlic, pepper and mix to combine.
4. Shape into nuggets and coat with prepared coconut flour mixture, place on baking tray.
5. Cook for 15mins, then brush both sides of each nugget with coconut oil. Return to oven for a further 10mins or until golden.
Enjoy with homemade tomato sauce.