We all know kids (and adults, lets be honest) love cereal for breakfast. However, the vast majority of breakfast offerings in supermarkets are laden with refined sugars and flours, both of which wreak havoc on our bodies.
Here is a healthified alternative the kids will adore (but keep the jar up high or out of sight, otherwise it won't last long!)
1. Place coconut, sunflower seeds, chia, cinnamon and salt in a food processor and pulse until you have a flour like consistency.
2. Place the flour in a small mixing bowl and add the rice malt syrup and egg. Mix well.
3. Scoop the mixture onto a piece of baking paper and cover with another piece of baking paper. Roll this out with a rolling pin until you have a rectangle, roughly 8" x 10" and ¼" thick.
4. Remove the top sheet and pre-cut the dough into small 2x2cm squares.
5. Place the baking paper on a oven tray and cook at 160 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes until light brown.
Enjoy with your choice of yoghurt and fresh berries!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
These super easy fritters are great for dinner or the lunch box. Packed full of goodness and perfect with some hummus, coconut yoghurt or sweet chilli sauce.
Double the recipe if you've got a big family to feed :)
Looking for a way to sneak more veg into your kids? Even your grown-up kids?
These are the perfect fit for little fingers are hold together well (despite having no binder!) so there won’t be crumbs all over the house!
Dip them in some tomato sauce, aioli or sweet chilli and watch them eat their veggies!